Dumfries Elementary School was built in 1918, but there has been a school on the Cameron Street site since as long ago as the late 1790s. By 1939, the school house had become outdated. A new building, with a part slate, part metal roof, was built at the cost of $40,000. The school, which consisted of five classrooms, office, auditorium and two bathrooms, was named the Dumfries Graded School. A large addition was added in 1956, and the building has been remodeled in recent years.
Address: 3990 Cameron St, Dumfries, VA 22026